Since 1975, Walden has partnered with its clients to encourage publicly-traded companies to strengthen their sustainability policies, practices, and transparency for the long-term health and prosperity of shareholders, business, the economy, and society.
We believe companies that enhance the sustainability of their business limit risk and protect shareowner value. As long-term investors, we recognize that improving practices takes time. Our decades of experience and long-term investment approach encourage companies to work with us.
- Dialogue with companies directly
- Lead and participate in investor coalitions
- File shareholder proposals
- Vote proxies consistent with long-term environmental, social, and governance (ESG) considerations
- Pursue public policy initiatives, such as testifying at governmental hearings
- Educate and provide assistance to investors, non-governmental organizations, and policy-makers
Engagement Focus Areas
Walden has been at the forefront of countless shareholder initiatives to encourage corporate sustainability and accountability. See some of our milestones here. Currently, our team is focused on encouraging companies to improve their policies and practices in the following areas:
We believe it is important to measure and report on the impact we have achieved for clients. Each year we track the extent to which our active ownership activities have contributed to demonstrable progress. Read our reports here.